Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA and BTSR. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
Wake Forest Baptist Church, Wake Forest, NC
Position: Minister to Children & Families (FT)
- Oversee strong laity led ministry to children and their parents in growing church with 70-80 active children.
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Victoria Baptist Church, Victoria, VA
Position: Pastor (FT)
- Full-time, ordained pastor to lead worship services on Sunday morning and other services as requested
- Visit church members in the hospital, nursing homes and shut-in
- Be involved in the local community/outreach
- Assist with the development of children, youth and young adult ministries.
- Average worship attendance less than 100.
- Approximate salary range $55,000-$65,000. Additional benefits include retirement, medical insurance, life insurance and disability. Recently renovated personage.
- Contact Sharon Driggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume deadline September 28, 2018
Mount Hermon Baptist Church, Moseley, VA
Position: Worship Coordinator (PT)
- This is a part-time position in a medium-sized congregation with traditional worship and incorporating various music styles.
- Main responsibility is directing an adult choir and coordinating small singing groups and soloists.
- Mount Hermon Baptist Church in western Chesterfield County, VA
- For a job description and more information, contact Lee Ellison: email email@example.com or call 804-794-2049.
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Biltmore Baptist Church, Glen Allen, VA
Position: Pastor (PT)
- Biltmore Baptist Church, Glen Allen, VA, is seeking a bi-vocational or part-time pastor with primary responsibilities including preaching, worship planning and pastoral care.
- Since the retirement of our pastor, Biltmore has received coaching from the Center for Healthy Churches. We see the transition to part-time pastoral leadership as an opportunity to be creative and innovative in refocusing our efforts to be God’s people ministering and serving through team-based ministries and partnerships.
- Biltmore has a reputation for being a caring congregation with a heart for missions. We affiliate primarily with the BGAV and CBF and affirm the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message.
- A seminary degree is preferred. Specific hours to be negotiated. Please submit a resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bon Air Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Student Pastor (FT)
- WE’RE HELPING TO TRANSFORM LIVES IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- A dynamic, multi-site congregation, we’re mission-minded, and we’re mobilizing people to serve those inside and outside of our church who need emotional, physical, and spiritual support.
- Our vision is that Bon Air Baptist will be a place to belong to the family of Christ and a place to become the person God intends.We’re looking for an energetic student leader who can 1) relate to and engage both youth and families to nurture and grow their relationship with Christ, and 2) adapt and create new ways to reach students and their families in the current and constantly changing culture and lifestyle.
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent plus 3+ years of student ministry experience as a
staff member (large or multi-site church experience) preferred.
- For the full job description, go to bonairbaptist.org/jobs
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: September 30, 2018
River Road Church, Baptist, Richmond, VA
Position: Minister with Children & their Families (PT)
- River Road Church, Baptist is seeking to call a part-time (25 hours a week) Minister to Children and Their Families.
- Responsibilities include building relationships with children and their families, planning recreational and spiritually formative experiences, recruitment/training of teachers, and selection of educational material.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree (education or theology preferred) and relevant experience with children.
- Interested persons may find a job description and application instructions at http://rrcb.org/children.
- Anticipated start date is September 1, 2018.
- Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church, Kenova, WV
Position: Music Minister (FT)
- First Baptist Church Kenova is looking for a FT Minister of Music who meets the criteria for a pastor as listed in I Tim 3 and Titus 1. It is the primary purpose of the Minister of Music to develop a worship ministry capable of providing an engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship. Candidates must possess experience, training, and expertise in the field of music and worship. Strong leadership skills are a must. Being able to recruit and train sound/tech people is important. Web/graphic design experience is preferred but not required. Looking for a candidate who can either lead independently or on an instrument (eg, acoustic, keyboard). Candidates need to have some experience leading a choir of 30 or more people. Exceptions can be made if we feel confident that candidates have people and professional skills to excel in this area. Candidates must be able to take traditional hymns and arrange them in a way that reaches all ages. While our choir is more of a worship choir than a performance choir, occasionally they may do something special during weekend services. As far as style, we lean more on the contemporary side rather than the blended. We do like to tailor our service to appeal to the younger demographic of our church, so long as it’s not distracting. We do this by including lighting designs and mixing styles.
- The church is located close to Marshall University, which attracts many college students. The majority of the adults attending our church are in their 20s and 30s. We have approximately 100 teens involved in youth ministry and 100 adults who over 60. With the wide spectrum of ages that are represented, we are very intentional about being a multi-generational church. We’re a “come as you are” church so you’ll see a wide variety of attire at our worship services. Most adults wear polo shirts with khakis or jeans.
- Salary package is negotiable and dependent on skill, experience and need of the candidate.
- HOURS: Full-Time YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Open INSTRUMENTS PREFERRED: Open
- SOFTWARE & TOOLS PREFERRED:
Media Shout – We use Media shout but open to switching
- For more information, visit the full church profile at: http://frootgroup.com/fb1240524181
- You can find out more about our church and see our services at www.fbckenova.com.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
- Posting Deadline: 8/31/18
Tomahawk Baptist Church, Midlothian, VA
Position: Children’s Pastor (PT)
• Experience in teaching and supervising children or youth, volunteer or otherwise
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, plan, delegate, organize and lead effectively
• Ability to connect with kids and speak their language in a relevant way
• Ability to relate to parents and be a trusted partner in their child/children’s spiritual life
• Relates well and enjoys children, and is sensitive to developmental appropriateness, as well as cultural differences
• Takes initiative and can work independently
• Has a servant’s heart and is willing to perform a range of tasks
• Good people skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
• Committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; actively engaging in practices that will further a growing relationship with Him
• A passion and vision for children and their families to grow in faith together
• Strong sense of personal integrity; character above reproach
• Provide direction and oversight for the entire TBC Kids ministry
• Recruit, equip, and pray for team members supporting ministries (birth-5th grade)
• Be available to teach and lead as needed
• Lead, develop, and build community among the team; schedule the team to allow for rotation in leadership
• Review, purchase, and oversee the implementation of all curriculum for children’s programming, ranging from Bible study to summer outreach, large group and small group sessions
• Prepare materials for teaching team on a weekly basis
• Oversee, plan and organize family events
• Implement procedures that ensure child safety
o Establish check-in/check-out procedures
o Administer security clearances and background checks for all volunteers
o Insure that policies relative to safety are strictly followed
• Participate in Ministry Council
• Represent TBC Kids
• Bring creative ideas to engage our community and grow the children’s ministry at TBC
• Track expenses and manage ministry budget
• Facilitate new music purchases, with approval from Senior Pastor
• Assist in annual budget planning
• Senior Pastor
• Annual performance reviews by the Senior Pastor in conjunction with Personnel Committee
- Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Deadline: October 31, 2018
French Protestant Huguenot Church, Charleston, SC
Position: Assoiciate Pastor (FT)
- The French Protestant Huguenot Church is in need of a loving, energetic minister to serve alongside the senior pastor and associate pastor. Applicants must have a degree from an accredited Christian seminary, past experience leading a church, and the ability to foster strong relationships in a congregation. Applicants should have extensive experience ministering to youth and instilling an earnest, abiding love of Christ in children.
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Fellowship Bible Church, Hillsborough, NJ
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
- Bible-based, multi-cultural, Baptist-based, local and foreign mission-oriented, small church in a growing central NJ community seeks Senior Pastor with 5+ years of experience as its shepherd-pastor-teacher.
- Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Deadline: Monday, December 31, 2018
Huguenot Road Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Youth Pastor (FT)
- Suburban Baptist church located in the Richmond area of Central Virginia (RVA),
mission-focused and activity-oriented youth pastor who has effective organization and
communication skills and a desire to mentor and disciple young people in an intergenerational
- You are required to bring your past experience to inject energy and vision to
build on an established youth ministry program for students with diverse interests. You will
report to the senior pastor and collaborate with parents, lay leaders and other staff members.
- If you have a passion for serving God, and specifically for ministering to students, and feel a
compelling calling to serve in the RVA area
- Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA