Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA and BTSR. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, email@example.com.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
Derbyshire Baptist Church, Vriginia
Position: Minister of Youth and Missions (FT)
Derbyshire Baptist Church is a vibrant, moderate church located in the West End of Richmond, Virginia. We are affiliated with the River City Faith Network, Virginia Baptist Mission Board, Cooperate Baptist Fellowship and the Southern Baptist Convention. We are looking for a seminary graduate with at least 5 years of experience in the local church. This minister will have the unique opportunity to minister within two primary roles in the life of the church – ministering to our youth and their families and leading the church to engage our community through the love of Jesus. If you have a passion for serving Jesus and want to work in a healthy church environment, send your resume to – Attn: Minister of Youth and Missions Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
May Memorial Baptist Church, VA
Position: Organist (PT)
- Seeking an organist and choir accompanist for one Sunday morning worship service and one mid-week choir rehearsal and seasonal services through the church year.
- The organist will work directly with the Director of Music.
- Salary is dependent upon education and experience
- Interested candidates should contact Joan Maples, Music Minister at email@example.com or Pastor Michael Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Deadline: May 1,2019
Huguenot Road Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Youth Pastor (FT)
- Suburban Baptist church located in the Richmond area of Central Virginia (RVA),
mission-focused and activity-oriented youth pastor who has effective organization and
communication skills and a desire to mentor and disciple young people in an intergenerational
- You are required to bring your past experience to inject energy and vision to
build on an established youth ministry program for students with diverse interests. You will
report to the senior pastor and collaborate with parents, lay leaders and other staff members.
- If you have a passion for serving God, and specifically for ministering to students, and feel a
compelling calling to serve in the RVA area
- Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Derbyshire Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Minister of Students (PT)
The Minister of Students is somebody who will develop godly relationships with our youth to point them to the love of God and is responsible for providing direction and leadership to promote the youth ministry and educational programming at Derbyshire Baptist Church. To that end, this person will create spiritually based programming to inspire the youth to explore their relationship with Jesus and challenge them to grow a healthy and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Minister of Students is accountable to the Pastor and is an equal part of the Derbyshire Ministry Team.
- Have a special love for working with youth in Middle School and High School years, as well as young adults.
- Possess a warm personality and is approachable.
- Skilled in leadership, counseling, and ministry.
- Previous experience as outlined above in working with youth and/or children.
- BA in fine arts, humanities, psychology, counseling, or related field.
- Advanced seminary degree preferred. Masters or higher degree preferred.
- Secondary or elementary education degrees also highly desirable.
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Position: Associate Pastor to Students and Families (Students 6th-12th Grade) (FT)
Individuals are invited to apply. Associate Pastors at FBCO are responsible for providing pastoral leadership specific to their assigned ministries to include students and families as well as other pastoral care responsibilities and church leadership obligations. Each Associate Pastor will work toward leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting and implementing ministry that guides individuals in spiritual growth and development. FBCO will receive resumes through January 31, 2019.
Inquires and Resumes: First Baptist Church Orangeburg Attention: FBCO Student Minister Search 1240 Russell Street Orangeburg, SC 29115 FBCOsearchStudent@fbcorangeburg.org
First Baptist Church, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Position: Associate Pastor to Children and Families. (Children Cradle- 5th Grade) (FT)
Individuals are invited to apply. Associate Pastors at FBCO are responsible for providing pastoral leadership specific to their assigned ministries to include children and families as well as other pastoral care responsibilities and church leadership obligations. Each Associate Pastor will work toward leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting and implementing ministry that guides individuals in spiritual growth and development. FBCO will receive resumes through January 31, 2019.
Inquires and Resumes: First Baptist Church Orangeburg Attention: FBCO Children’s Minister Search 1240 Russell Street Orangeburg, SC 29115 FBCOsearchChildren@fbcorangeburg.org
Hampton Baptist Church, Hampton Virginia
Position: Associate Pastor Children and Youth Discipleship
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Discipleship is a full-time staff position responsible for the overall planning and coordination of Children and Youth Christian formation. Working closely with the Pastor and related committees, this position guides the transition of the ongoing programming needs for Youth and Children from infant to senior youth. The position also includes pastoral care and congregational nurture.
For more information please email email@example.com
Main Street Baptist Church, Emporia Virginia
Position: Youth Minister (PT)
Main Street Baptist Church is currently searching for a part-time (20 hours weekly) Youth Minister to lead a growing youth ministry (ages 12-18). This position provides leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting, and implementing a ministry that guides youth in their spiritual growth and encourages their fellowship within the church. We are praying for an individual who is called to ministry, affiliated with CBF and BGAV, and currently studying at an accredited University or Seminary. Compensation for this position is $20,000 to $25,000 annual.
Please provide your letter of interest and resume to Rustin Jessee and Betsy Short, firstname.lastname@example.org , Main Street Baptist Church, 440 South Main Street, Emporia, VA 23847.
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA