Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
University Baptist Church, Charlottesville VA
Associate Minister for Students
God has called University Baptist Church (UBC) to minister to the University of Virginia Community and to the residents of the Greater Charlottesville-Albemarle Community serving as agents of Christ’s love and justice for those in need and offering a vital family of faith. This Associate Minister will be responsible for leading the collegiate and youth ministries of UBC. This will be a full-time position and requires an engaged and enthusiastic “people person” with an innovative spirit. UBC has had an auditioned choir for college students for over 47 years. The new minister will build on this established foundation and expand the college ministry. The congregation and staff are committed to making a vibrant collegiate ministry a signature program of the church. UBC has also had a vibrant youth ministry for generations, and the new minister will lead and grow this ministry.
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
Wake Forest Baptist Church, Wake Forest, NC
Minister of Spiritual Formation and Administration (FT)
Oversee spiritual formation ministry, small groups and Wednesday night options. Supervise support staff.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Deadline: March 2, 2020
Roberts Chapel Baptist Church , NC
Position: Pastor (FT)
Roberts Chapel Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a full-time Pastor to lead our traditional congregation in the rural community of Pendleton, located in northeastern North Carolina. We are seeking a mission-oriented, visionary, inspirational, compassionate and a provider of pastoral care to all age groups. Roberts Chapel adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message of 1963. Candidates should hold a Masters or Doctorate from an accredited Seminary/Divinity School. Please submit letter of introduction, resume’ and references to Roberts Chapel Baptist Pastor Search Committee, c/o Sandra Woodard, PO Box 128, Pendleton, NC 27862.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Posting Deadline: May 18, 2020
First Baptist Church Bristol
Minister of Music: Bristol, Virginia (PT)
This is a year-round, part-time, salaried position of approximately 15 hours per week. Essential responsibilities include the following:
- To plan, coordinate, promote, and evaluate a comprehensive ministry of music, including music for all ages.
- To work with the pastor in planning and conducting the worship of the church.
- To select and prepare music weekly for both Sunday and Wednesday services.
- To lead congregational worship.
- To participate as part of the ministerial team, including staff meetings and office hours.
- To create a long-range plan for worship that embraces our traditional style of worship and engages long-range sermon planning, while also being creative and flexible.
- To regularly communicate with the church membership through means such as the First Word monthly newsletter and the quarterly church business meeting.
- To pro-actively seek God’s will for the music ministry.
• To fulfill additional responsibilities as needed or assigned by the pastor.
First Baptist Church, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Position: Associate Pastor to Students and Families (Students 6th-12th Grade) (FT)
Individuals are invited to apply. Associate Pastors at FBCO are responsible for providing pastoral leadership specific to their assigned ministries to include students and families as well as other pastoral care responsibilities and church leadership obligations. Each Associate Pastor will work toward leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting and implementing ministry that guides individuals in spiritual growth and development. FBCO will receive resumes through January 31, 2019.
Inquires and Resumes: First Baptist Church Orangeburg Attention: FBCO Student Minister Search 1240 Russell Street Orangeburg, SC 29115 FBCOsearchStudent@fbcorangeburg.org
First Baptist Church, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Position: Associate Pastor to Children and Families. (Children Cradle- 5th Grade) (FT)
Individuals are invited to apply. Associate Pastors at FBCO are responsible for providing pastoral leadership specific to their assigned ministries to include children and families as well as other pastoral care responsibilities and church leadership obligations. Each Associate Pastor will work toward leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting and implementing ministry that guides individuals in spiritual growth and development. FBCO will receive resumes through January 31, 2019.
Inquires and Resumes: First Baptist Church Orangeburg Attention: FBCO Children’s Minister Search 1240 Russell Street Orangeburg, SC 29115 FBCOsearchChildren@fbcorangeburg.org
Hampton Baptist Church, Hampton Virginia
Position: Associate Pastor Children and Youth Discipleship
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Discipleship is a full-time staff position responsible for the overall planning and coordination of Children and Youth Christian formation. Working closely with the Pastor and related committees, this position guides the transition of the ongoing programming needs for Youth and Children from infant to senior youth. The position also includes pastoral care and congregational nurture.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Street Baptist Church, Emporia Virginia
Position: Youth Minister (PT)
Main Street Baptist Church is currently searching for a part-time (20 hours weekly) Youth Minister to lead a growing youth ministry (ages 12-18). This position provides leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting, and implementing a ministry that guides youth in their spiritual growth and encourages their fellowship within the church. We are praying for an individual who is called to ministry, affiliated with CBF and BGAV, and currently studying at an accredited University or Seminary. Compensation for this position is $20,000 to $25,000 annual.
Please provide your letter of interest and resume to Rustin Jessee and Betsy Short, email@example.com , Main Street Baptist Church, 440 South Main Street, Emporia, VA 23847.
Hunton Baptist Church, Glen Allen Virginia
Position:Children’s Ministry Director (PT)
Job Summary: Hunton Baptist Church is seeking an energetic Children’s Ministry Director who will be responsible for developing and implementing ministries of discipleship, mission, fellowship and worship for children. We are a church that is open to new ideas, so this position is great for someone who wants to think creatively about ministry!
Primary Job Accountabilities
- Oversee the planning and coordinating of all children’s Sunday school, children’s worship, and Sunday evening programs (including selecting curriculum).
- Work with the Associate Pastor and Sunday School Director to recruit and train volunteers (as needed) in the children’s ministry (includes Sunday school teachers, children’s worship leaders, Sunday evening leaders, and chaperones for trips).
- Plan, implement, and oversee other periodic children’s events such as summer Passport trip, mission endeavors, fundraisers, Vacation Bible School, summer day camp, etc.
- Work with the Associate Pastor in developing new ministry initiatives for the children.
- Limited administrative duties (newsletter article, maintain budget and manage expenses, maintain social media accounts, etc.)
Contact: Eric Fulcher, Associate Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
Sycamore Baptist Church, Virginia
Sycamore Baptist Church, a 140 year-old congregation located three miles south of the City of Franklin, VA, is seeking a full-time pastor gifted in pastoral care, evangelism and outreach, and the ability to cast a vision for the future and guide the church to that end. Requirements include a bachelor’s degree and a seminary master’s degree. A parsonage is available if needed. Salary is commensurate with experience, responsibilities, and candidate needs.Sycamore is affiliated with the Blackwater Baptist Association, BGAV, and CBF. Sycamore is very active in community missions promoted by their Women on Mission and the Baptist Men’s organization. Sycamore is currently completing an Intentional Interim Ministry process. Rural in nature, Sycamore draws from Franklin and the immediate area of the church and from many of the small towns in the county, Suffolk, and North Carolina.
Interested parties may contact John Jenkins at 757-334-7250 and send resumes to sycamorepastorsearch@gmail.
Chester Baptist Church, Chester, Virginia
Position: ASSOCIATE PASTOR FOR YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
Chester Baptist Church is a CBF congregation in Chester, VA, just south of Richmond. We are seeking to hire an Associate Pastor to lead a comprehensive ministry to the youth (grades 6-12) and a comprehensive ministry to the young adults (age 18-24) of our church and to work to expand these ministries by reaching out to youth & young adults in the community. Our ideal candidate would have an M.Div or equivalent and be ordained.
Resume and cover letter can be sent to email@example.com
Westminister Canterbury Richmond, Virginia Position: PART-TIME CHAPLAIN JOB SUMMARY: Provide pastoral care to residents, family members and staff through visitation and spiritual programming, involving community clergy as appropriate. To apply: www.wcrichmond.org/careers
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA