Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA and BTSR. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
Wake Forest Baptist Church, Wake Forest, NC
Position: Minister to Children & Families (FT)
- Oversee strong laity led ministry to children and their parents in growing church with 70-80 active children.
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Victoria Baptist Church, Victoria, VA
Position: Pastor (FT)
- Full-time, ordained pastor to lead worship services on Sunday morning and other services as requested
- Visit church members in the hospital, nursing homes and shut-in
- Be involved in the local community/outreach
- Assist with the development of children, youth and young adult ministries.
- Average worship attendance less than 100.
- Approximate salary range $55,000-$65,000. Additional benefits include retirement, medical insurance, life insurance and disability. Recently renovated personage.
- Contact Sharon Driggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume deadline September 28, 2018
Mount Hermon Baptist Church, Moseley, VA
Position: Worship Coordinator (PT)
- This is a part-time position in a medium-sized congregation with traditional worship and incorporating various music styles.
- Main responsibility is directing an adult choir and coordinating small singing groups and soloists.
- Mount Hermon Baptist Church in western Chesterfield County, VA
- For a job description and more information, contact Lee Ellison: email email@example.com or call 804-794-2049.
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Biltmore Baptist Church, Glen Allen, VA
Position: Pastor (PT)
- Biltmore Baptist Church, Glen Allen, VA, is seeking a bi-vocational or part-time pastor with primary responsibilities including preaching, worship planning and pastoral care.
- Since the retirement of our pastor, Biltmore has received coaching from the Center for Healthy Churches. We see the transition to part-time pastoral leadership as an opportunity to be creative and innovative in refocusing our efforts to be God’s people ministering and serving through team-based ministries and partnerships.
- Biltmore has a reputation for being a caring congregation with a heart for missions. We affiliate primarily with the BGAV and CBF and affirm the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message.
- A seminary degree is preferred. Specific hours to be negotiated. Please submit a resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bon Air Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Student Pastor (FT)
- WE’RE HELPING TO TRANSFORM LIVES IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- A dynamic, multi-site congregation, we’re mission-minded, and we’re mobilizing people to serve those inside and outside of our church who need emotional, physical, and spiritual support.
- Our vision is that Bon Air Baptist will be a place to belong to the family of Christ and a place to become the person God intends.We’re looking for an energetic student leader who can 1) relate to and engage both youth and families to nurture and grow their relationship with Christ, and 2) adapt and create new ways to reach students and their families in the current and constantly changing culture and lifestyle.
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent plus 3+ years of student ministry experience as a
staff member (large or multi-site church experience) preferred.
- For the full job description, go to bonairbaptist.org/jobs
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: September 30, 2018
River Road Church, Baptist, Richmond, VA
Position: Minister with Children & their Families (PT)
- River Road Church, Baptist is seeking to call a part-time (25 hours a week) Minister to Children and Their Families.
- Responsibilities include building relationships with children and their families, planning recreational and spiritually formative experiences, recruitment/training of teachers, and selection of educational material.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree (education or theology preferred) and relevant experience with children.
- Interested persons may find a job description and application instructions at http://rrcb.org/children.
- Anticipated start date is September 1, 2018.
- Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church, Kenova, WV
Position: Music Minister (FT)
- First Baptist Church Kenova is looking for a FT Minister of Music who meets the criteria for a pastor as listed in I Tim 3 and Titus 1. It is the primary purpose of the Minister of Music to develop a worship ministry capable of providing an engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship. Candidates must possess experience, training, and expertise in the field of music and worship. Strong leadership skills are a must. Being able to recruit and train sound/tech people is important. Web/graphic design experience is preferred but not required. Looking for a candidate who can either lead independently or on an instrument (eg, acoustic, keyboard). Candidates need to have some experience leading a choir of 30 or more people. Exceptions can be made if we feel confident that candidates have people and professional skills to excel in this area. Candidates must be able to take traditional hymns and arrange them in a way that reaches all ages. While our choir is more of a worship choir than a performance choir, occasionally they may do something special during weekend services. As far as style, we lean more on the contemporary side rather than the blended. We do like to tailor our service to appeal to the younger demographic of our church, so long as it’s not distracting. We do this by including lighting designs and mixing styles.
- The church is located close to Marshall University, which attracts many college students. The majority of the adults attending our church are in their 20s and 30s. We have approximately 100 teens involved in youth ministry and 100 adults who over 60. With the wide spectrum of ages that are represented, we are very intentional about being a multi-generational church. We’re a “come as you are” church so you’ll see a wide variety of attire at our worship services. Most adults wear polo shirts with khakis or jeans.
- Salary package is negotiable and dependent on skill, experience and need of the candidate.
- HOURS: Full-Time YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Open INSTRUMENTS PREFERRED: Open
- SOFTWARE & TOOLS PREFERRED:
Media Shout – We use Media shout but open to switching
- For more information, visit the full church profile at: http://frootgroup.com/fb1240524181
- You can find out more about our church and see our services at www.fbckenova.com.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
- Posting Deadline: 8/31/18
French Protestant Huguenot Church, Charleston, SC
Position: Assoiciate Pastor (FT)
- The French Protestant Huguenot Church is in need of a loving, energetic minister to serve alongside the senior pastor and associate pastor. Applicants must have a degree from an accredited Christian seminary, past experience leading a church, and the ability to foster strong relationships in a congregation. Applicants should have extensive experience ministering to youth and instilling an earnest, abiding love of Christ in children.
- Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Fellowship Bible Church, Hillsborough, NJ
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
- Bible-based, multi-cultural, Baptist-based, local and foreign mission-oriented, small church in a growing central NJ community seeks Senior Pastor with 5+ years of experience as its shepherd-pastor-teacher.
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: Monday, December 31, 2018
Huguenot Road Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Youth Pastor (FT)
- Suburban Baptist church located in the Richmond area of Central Virginia (RVA),
mission-focused and activity-oriented youth pastor who has effective organization and
communication skills and a desire to mentor and disciple young people in an intergenerational
- You are required to bring your past experience to inject energy and vision to
build on an established youth ministry program for students with diverse interests. You will
report to the senior pastor and collaborate with parents, lay leaders and other staff members.
- If you have a passion for serving God, and specifically for ministering to students, and feel a
compelling calling to serve in the RVA area
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Baptist Church, Petersburg, VA
Position: Organist and Music Director (PT)
- Second Baptist Church of Petersburg is searching for a person with a desire to serve a congregation through the ministry of music.
- Candidates need to be proficient in playing a broad genre of music on a pipe organ and the piano, and they need to have the skill to direct choirs.
- Although it is not essential, the ability to direct (or learn to direct) the playing of chimes and hand-bells would be helpful to the candidate.
- The organist and music director will work alongside the pastor in planning and implementing music for the Sunday morning worship hour and the Wednesday evening midweek prayer service.
- Interested candidates may send a resume to the Music Committee, Second Baptist Church, 3355 Johnson Road, Petersburg, VA 23805-2334 or to email@example.com.
- Posting Deadline: Thursday, May 31, 2019
First Baptist Church of Griffin, GA
Position: Minister of Music (FT)
- A moderate congregation, is seeking a full-time minister of music to pastor our well-established and diverse music ministry.
- Our church worships in three services, including simultaneous traditional and contemporary services and an early chapel service; there are occasional combined services.
- The minister of music will provide leadership, support, and resourcing to the musicians of all services while leading primarily in our traditional services.
- He or she needs to have strong people and administrative skills, as well as a passion for investing in our congregation and community.
- Preference will be given to those with a graduate degree in music and/or theology from an accredited school and ministry experience.
- Resumes and cover letters will be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Deadline: Friday, October 12, 2018.
First Baptist Madison, AL
Position: Children’s Ministry (PT)Candidates will assist and support the ministers and teams of First Baptist Madison to provide a ministry attractive to the children of First Baptist Madison and the unchurched children of our community. Tasks will take approximately 20 hours a week. Additional hours are possible for seasonal activities such as VBS, summer camp, summer day trips, etc.
- Relevant experience leading and ministering to children in a church or other ministry setting
- Functional knowledge of common technologies including office software and social media
- Wise discernment of people who work with and around our children
- Abilities to efficiently work independently and with a team
- Project management
- Volunteer management
- Conflict resolution
- Effective written and verbal communication
For more information please email:email@example.com
Posting Deadline: September 30, 2018
New Highlands Baptist Church, VA
Position: Children’s Ministry (PT)
New Highland Baptist Church seeks a part time Minister to Children scheduled at 20 hours per week under the direct supervision of the Pastor. The position is responsible for planning, developing, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive children’s program (through grade 5) for the church.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A definite “call” to this specific ministry area as evidenced by his or her personal involvement
- Experience in children’s ministry, professional or volunteer
- Demonstrated commitment to Christ, His church and His purpose
- Ability to work well with others, both individually and in groups or teams
- Positive leadership abilities
- Administer/Oversee Children’s Church by securing volunteer leaders and obtaining and distributing curriculum
- Coordinate a summer program that includes a weekly activity during the day
- Serve on Church Council
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Help secure leaders and workers in the children’s ministry
- In cooperation with the worship leader, coordinate special groups as they relate to the worship ministry
- In consultation with appropriate committees, prepare and submit annual budget to the Stewardship Committee
- In cooperation with Pastor and church staff, provide long term planning for the children’s ministry
- Serve as a spiritual role model (as expected of all staff)
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Deadline:October 15, 2018
Mount Hermon Baptist, VA
Position: Music Coordinator (PT)
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA