Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA and BTSR. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
First Baptist Church of Erwin, Erwin, TN
Position: Senor Pastor (FT)
First Baptist Church of Erwin, an historic downtown church approaching our bicentennial, seeks a full-time senior pastor to lead our church into a new chapter in our history. Erwin is a small city of 6,000 nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and conveniently located between Asheville, NC and Johnson City, TN. FBC is a welcoming congregation with a commitment to serving our community through local missions and outreach and the fulfillment of Christian education from birth to adulthood. We are a Baptist congregation that affirms the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message. We desire a pastor who has a heart for pastoral ministry, seeing this ministry as a key aspect of church growth and retention. The pastor should be an avid student of God’s word and present it in a way that challenges our congregation.
Preference will be given to candidates that hold an accredited seminary or divinity school degree and possess five to ten years of experience. Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
Providence Baptist Church, NC
Position: Minister of Adult Dicipleship (FT)
Providence Baptist Church is known as a big tent church. Our congregation is diverse. We come from various backgrounds and many come to us from other denominations. We describe ourselves as a moderate Baptist church, relating to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and our members hold varied opinions on social and theological issues, while being centered on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
Our church is looking for a person who is a spiritual leader, an excellent communicator and listener who possesses a warm and open personality. We seek to call an individual who has a passion for educating, equipping, and leading adults in their spiritual journey as disciples of Jesus Christ. For more information, please go to http://www.providencebc.org/
Posting Deadline: October 31,2018
French Protestant Huguenot Church, Charleston, SC
Position: Assoiciate Pastor (FT)
- The French Protestant Huguenot Church is in need of a loving, energetic minister to serve alongside the senior pastor and associate pastor. Applicants must have a degree from an accredited Christian seminary, past experience leading a church, and the ability to foster strong relationships in a congregation. Applicants should have extensive experience ministering to youth and instilling an earnest, abiding love of Christ in children.
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Jefferson First Baptist Church, GA
Position: Minister of Youth and Missions (FT)
- The Minister of Youth and Missions is responsible planning, oversight, and implementation of a Christian discipleship program for grades 6-12 and ministering to their families.
- In addition, this minister is responsible for working with the Mission Committee and staff in developing and implementing a mission strategy for the church.
For addition information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Deadline: December 1,2018
Fellowship Bible Church, Hillsborough, NJ
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
- Bible-based, multi-cultural, Baptist-based, local and foreign mission-oriented, small church in a growing central NJ community seeks Senior Pastor with 5+ years of experience as its shepherd-pastor-teacher.
- Send resumes to email@example.com
- Posting Deadline: Monday, December 31, 2018
Immanuel Baptist Church, Newport News, VA
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
- Seeks an encouraging and compassionate senior pastor with effective preaching and teaching qualities for our 120+ member congregation.
- A candidate with strong leadership skills to foster the vision of the church is desired. Ministry experience of 4+ years is preferred and a seminary degree is required.
- Please send resumes to Immanuel Baptist Church, 69 Saunders Rd., Newport News, VA 23601 ATTN: Pastor Search Committee or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Deadline: January 1, 2019
Tomahawk Baptist Church, Midlothian, VA
Position: Youth Pastor (PT)
Job Summary: This part time position (60 hours/month) is responsible for leading a growing youth ministry, providing Christ-centered, enthusiastic leadership to recruit, support, and maintain participation of youth. The Youth Pastor will collaborate with Senior Pastor and ministry teams, and provide leadership to recruit, train and support volunteers. Reports to Senior Pastor.
For more information please email email@example.com
Posting Deadline: January 15,2019
First Baptist Church of Mount Airy, NC
Position: Minister through Music and Worship (FT)
- Responsibilities include conducting the adult and youth choirs, leading congregational singing, preparing the Sunday worship order of service in conjunction with the senior minister, and working with various handbell choirs.
- An area of special emphasis is our established children and youth music education programs.
- The applicant should be comfortable using music from a variety of styles from classic to contemporary.
- Some pastoral care responsibilities are included.
- For further information or to submit a resume respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Music Search Team, First Baptist Church, 714 North Main St., Mount Airy, NC 27030.
Posting Deadline: January 31,2019
May Memorial Baptist Church, VA
Position: Organist (PT)
- Seeking an organist and choir accompanist for one Sunday morning worship service and one mid-week choir rehearsal and seasonal services through the church year.
- The organist will work directly with the Director of Music.
- Salary is dependent upon education and experience
- Interested candidates should contact Joan Maples, Music Minister at email@example.com or Pastor Michael Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Deadline: May 1,2019
Second Baptist Church, Petersburg, VA
Position: Organist and Music Director (PT)
- Second Baptist Church of Petersburg is searching for a person with a desire to serve a congregation through the ministry of music.
- Candidates need to be proficient in playing a broad genre of music on a pipe organ and the piano, and they need to have the skill to direct choirs.
- Although it is not essential, the ability to direct (or learn to direct) the playing of chimes and hand-bells would be helpful to the candidate.
- The organist and music director will work alongside the pastor in planning and implementing music for the Sunday morning worship hour and the Wednesday evening midweek prayer service.
- Interested candidates may send a resume to the Music Committee, Second Baptist Church, 3355 Johnson Road, Petersburg, VA 23805-2334 or to email@example.com.
- Posting Deadline: Thursday, May 31, 2019
Huguenot Road Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Youth Pastor (FT)
- Suburban Baptist church located in the Richmond area of Central Virginia (RVA),
mission-focused and activity-oriented youth pastor who has effective organization and
communication skills and a desire to mentor and disciple young people in an intergenerational
- You are required to bring your past experience to inject energy and vision to
build on an established youth ministry program for students with diverse interests. You will
report to the senior pastor and collaborate with parents, lay leaders and other staff members.
- If you have a passion for serving God, and specifically for ministering to students, and feel a
compelling calling to serve in the RVA area
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA