Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
First Baptist Church, Lumberton, NC
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
Posting Deadline:October 30, 2020
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Troutville, VA
Position: Pastor (FT)
Posting Deadline:October 31, 2020
Woman’s Missionary Union of Virginia
Position: Marketing and Communications Manager (FT)
Woman’s Missionary Union of Virginia is seeking a marketing and communications professional who will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing all the organization’s marketing strategies and marketing communications activities including social media in collaboration with the staff’s leadership team. This individual will oversee the development and implementation of support materials, with print and digital, as well as serving as lead in the use of technology for the purpose of promoting and enhancing the organizational image and position in the Christian marketplace. Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent experience.
Send your cover letter to include your salary requirement and resume to: Dr. Valerie Carter Smith at WMUV@wmuv.org
Posting Deadline: November 6, 2020
Winter Park Baptist Church, Wilmington, North Carolina
Position: Church Administration and Finance Manager (FT)
Winter Park Baptist Church (WPBC) is seeking an experienced financial professional to work within a faith-based community to provide administrative and financial leadership. This position is full time and reports to the Personnel Committee of WPBC, which includes the Senior Pastor. The Manager will work closely with staff members and church leadership and the Weekday Preschool.
Please submit resumes to: personnel@winterparkbaptist.
Posting Deadline: November 19, 2020
Alpine Baptist Church, Alpine, AL
Position: Pastor (Bivocational)
Alpine Baptist Church, a small, rural church congregation in Talladega County, Alabama, is accepting applications for a pastor. The church was established in 1832 as the first Baptist church in Talladega County, and is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. The congregation consists of caretakers, factory workers, farmers, educational professionals, office managers, medical professionals, mental health professionals, social workers, students, technicians/repairmen, woodworkers, stay-at-homers, and retirees. Members love the Lord and enjoy helping those in need in the community as well as each other. The church has a lovely pastorium next door to the church that is ready for a new pastor and family. Alpine is centrally located to several cities including Talladega, Sylacauga, Childersburg, and within 40 miles of Birmingham and Oxford/Anniston. The community has a newly built school that is beautiful and full of excellent teachers and staff.
Please submit resumes to
Posting Deadline: December 7, 2020
May Memorial Baptist Church, Powhatan VA
Position: organist and choir accompanist (PT)
May Memorial Baptist Church is seeking an organist and choir accompanist for one Sunday morning worship service and one mid-week choir rehearsal and seasonal services through the church year. The organist will work directly with the Director of Music. Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Interested candidates should contact Pastor Michael Edwards at email@example.com.
Posting Deadline: January 15, 2021
May Memorial Baptist Church, Powhatan VA
Position: Music Minister/Adult Choir Director(PT) (10 hrs. per week)
The adult choir is comprised of 20-25 volunteer singers with paid accompanist. One Sunday service and one weekly rehearsal. Handbell Choir and Children’s Choir/Music will be negotiated with additional hours.
Send resumes to Pastor Michael Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Deadline: January 15, 2021
Minister of Music: Bristol, Virginia (PT)
This is a year-round, part-time, salaried position of approximately 15 hours per week. Essential responsibilities include the following:
- To plan, coordinate, promote, and evaluate a comprehensive ministry of music, including music for all ages.
- To work with the pastor in planning and conducting the worship of the church.
- To select and prepare music weekly for both Sunday and Wednesday services.
- To lead congregational worship.
- To participate as part of the ministerial team, including staff meetings and office hours.
- To create a long-range plan for worship that embraces our traditional style of worship and engages long-range sermon planning, while also being creative and flexible.
- To regularly communicate with the church membership through means such as the First Word monthly newsletter and the quarterly church business meeting.
- To pro-actively seek God’s will for the music ministry.
• To fulfill additional responsibilities as needed or assigned by the pastor.
Position: Associate Pastor Children and Youth Discipleship
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Discipleship is a full-time staff position responsible for the overall planning and coordination of Children and Youth Christian formation. Working closely with the Pastor and related committees, this position guides the transition of the ongoing programming needs for Youth and Children from infant to senior youth. The position also includes pastoral care and congregational nurture.
For more information please email email@example.com
Position: Youth Minister (PT)
Main Street Baptist Church is currently searching for a part-time (20 hours weekly) Youth Minister to lead a growing youth ministry (ages 12-18). This position provides leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting, and implementing a ministry that guides youth in their spiritual growth and encourages their fellowship within the church. We are praying for an individual who is called to ministry, affiliated with CBF and BGAV, and currently studying at an accredited University or Seminary. Compensation for this position is $20,000 to $25,000 annual.
Please provide your letter of interest and resume to Rustin Jessee and Betsy Short, firstname.lastname@example.org , Main Street Baptist Church, 440 South Main Street, Emporia, VA 23847.
Position:Children’s Ministry Director (PT)
Job Summary: Hunton Baptist Church is seeking an energetic Children’s Ministry Director who will be responsible for developing and implementing ministries of discipleship, mission, fellowship and worship for children. We are a church that is open to new ideas, so this position is great for someone who wants to think creatively about ministry!
Primary Job Accountabilities
- Oversee the planning and coordinating of all children’s Sunday school, children’s worship, and Sunday evening programs (including selecting curriculum).
- Work with the Associate Pastor and Sunday School Director to recruit and train volunteers (as needed) in the children’s ministry (includes Sunday school teachers, children’s worship leaders, Sunday evening leaders, and chaperones for trips).
- Plan, implement, and oversee other periodic children’s events such as summer Passport trip, mission endeavors, fundraisers, Vacation Bible School, summer day camp, etc.
- Work with the Associate Pastor in developing new ministry initiatives for the children.
- Limited administrative duties (newsletter article, maintain budget and manage expenses, maintain social media accounts, etc.)
Contact: Eric Fulcher, Associate Pastor email@example.com
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA