Ministry Job Postings
Ministry Opportunities and Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA and BTSR. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
Huguenot Road Baptist Church , Richmond, VA
Position: Church Administrator (FT)
The general responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to organizing information, managing team logistics, communicating information relating to the church calendar and building usage, maintaining the congregation database, updating the church WordPress website, and working toward keeping the day-to-day operations at HRBC organized and clear. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). This position supports and reports to the Senior Pastor.
Please email resumes to email@example.com
Posting Deadline: January 18,2019
First Baptist Church of Mount Airy, NC
Position: Minister through Music and Worship (FT)
- Responsibilities include conducting the adult and youth choirs, leading congregational singing, preparing the Sunday worship order of service in conjunction with the senior minister, and working with various handbell choirs.
- An area of special emphasis is our established children and youth music education programs.
- The applicant should be comfortable using music from a variety of styles from classic to contemporary.
- Some pastoral care responsibilities are included.
- For further information or to submit a resume respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Music Search Team, First Baptist Church, 714 North Main St., Mount Airy, NC 27030.
Posting Deadline: January 31,2019
May Memorial Baptist Church, VA
Position: Organist (PT)
- Seeking an organist and choir accompanist for one Sunday morning worship service and one mid-week choir rehearsal and seasonal services through the church year.
- The organist will work directly with the Director of Music.
- Salary is dependent upon education and experience
- Interested candidates should contact Joan Maples, Music Minister at email@example.com or Pastor Michael Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Deadline: May 1,2019
Second Baptist Church, Petersburg, VA
Position: Organist and Music Director (PT)
- Second Baptist Church of Petersburg is searching for a person with a desire to serve a congregation through the ministry of music.
- Candidates need to be proficient in playing a broad genre of music on a pipe organ and the piano, and they need to have the skill to direct choirs.
- Although it is not essential, the ability to direct (or learn to direct) the playing of chimes and hand-bells would be helpful to the candidate.
- The organist and music director will work alongside the pastor in planning and implementing music for the Sunday morning worship hour and the Wednesday evening midweek prayer service.
- Interested candidates may send a resume to the Music Committee, Second Baptist Church, 3355 Johnson Road, Petersburg, VA 23805-2334 or to email@example.com.
- Posting Deadline: Thursday, May 31, 2019
Huguenot Road Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Youth Pastor (FT)
- Suburban Baptist church located in the Richmond area of Central Virginia (RVA),
mission-focused and activity-oriented youth pastor who has effective organization and
communication skills and a desire to mentor and disciple young people in an intergenerational
- You are required to bring your past experience to inject energy and vision to
build on an established youth ministry program for students with diverse interests. You will
report to the senior pastor and collaborate with parents, lay leaders and other staff members.
- If you have a passion for serving God, and specifically for ministering to students, and feel a
compelling calling to serve in the RVA area
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Derbyshire Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Minister of Students (PT)
The Minister of Students is somebody who will develop godly relationships with our youth to point them to the love of God and is responsible for providing direction and leadership to promote the youth ministry and educational programming at Derbyshire Baptist Church. To that end, this person will create spiritually based programming to inspire the youth to explore their relationship with Jesus and challenge them to grow a healthy and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Minister of Students is accountable to the Pastor and is an equal part of the Derbyshire Ministry Team.
- Have a special love for working with youth in Middle School and High School years, as well as young adults.
- Possess a warm personality and is approachable.
- Skilled in leadership, counseling, and ministry.
- Previous experience as outlined above in working with youth and/or children.
- BA in fine arts, humanities, psychology, counseling, or related field.
- Advanced seminary degree preferred. Masters or higher degree preferred.
- Secondary or elementary education degrees also highly desirable.
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com
First Baptist Church, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Position: Associate Pastor to Students and Families (Students 6th-12th Grade) (FT)
Individuals are invited to apply. Associate Pastors at FBCO are responsible for providing pastoral leadership specific to their assigned ministries to include students and families as well as other pastoral care responsibilities and church leadership obligations. Each Associate Pastor will work toward leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting and implementing ministry that guides individuals in spiritual growth and development. FBCO will receive resumes through January 31, 2019.
Inquires and Resumes: First Baptist Church Orangeburg Attention: FBCO Student Minister Search 1240 Russell Street Orangeburg, SC 29115 FBCOsearchStudent@fbcorangeburg.org
First Baptist Church, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Position: Associate Pastor to Children and Families. (Children Cradle- 5th Grade) (FT)
Individuals are invited to apply. Associate Pastors at FBCO are responsible for providing pastoral leadership specific to their assigned ministries to include children and families as well as other pastoral care responsibilities and church leadership obligations. Each Associate Pastor will work toward leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting and implementing ministry that guides individuals in spiritual growth and development. FBCO will receive resumes through January 31, 2019.
Inquires and Resumes: First Baptist Church Orangeburg Attention: FBCO Children’s Minister Search 1240 Russell Street Orangeburg, SC 29115 FBCOsearchChildren@fbcorangeburg.org
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA