Ministry Opportunities & Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
First Baptist Church of Radford, VA
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
FBC Radford seeks a pastor who has an authentic call to service as a pastor is an effective leader, is a supporter and encourager, and is an effective communicator. Our pastor should also be equipped academically and experientially to:
• lead in worship that “glorifies God and inspires us to live like Jesus;”
• actively and visibly be engaged in the immediate and extended community, including Radford University, in ways that demonstrate that FBC is committed to being “the hands and feet of Jesus in our community;”
• actively and creatively lead the congregation to truly become “a family of biblically and theologically literate believers;”
• encourage the building of “enduring friendships through radical hospitality” within our congregation as well as our larger communities.
• demonstrate understanding of the difficulties and challenges families face in the 21st century and provide support and encouragement; and
• creatively and energetically lead in the development and management of effective outreach programs and community ministries programs.
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Posting Deadline: January 29, 2021
First Baptist Church of Raleigh, NC
Position: Minister of Music (FT)
First Baptist Church Raleigh on Salisbury Street is seeking a Minister of Music who will lead us in providing a thorough and comprehensive music ministry. We are an urban church located on Capitol Square. We are CBF-affiliated and honor historic Baptist principles and welcome women as leaders in the pulpit and diaconate. We worship together through traditional liturgical worship in a historic sanctuary with an antiphonal organ.
Email resume with cover letter to fbcraleighmusicministersearch@
Posting Deadline: February 15, 2021
Hampton Baptist Church, Hampton Virginia
Position: Associate Pastor Children and Youth Discipleship
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Discipleship is a full-time staff position responsible for the overall planning and coordination of Children and Youth Christian formation. Working closely with the Pastor and related committees, this position guides the transition of the ongoing programming needs for Youth and Children from infant to senior youth. The position also includes pastoral care and congregational nurture.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church of Butner, Butner NC
Position: Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Ministries
The position of Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Ministries exists to develop and oversee a comprehensive program of ministry that will model for children and youth, Luke 2:52, “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” Children from birth through grade 5, and middle and high school age youth, grade 6 through 12, comprise departments for which the Associate Pastor of Children and Youth Ministries will focus their primary work, while effectively balancing time spent each day in the church office, with the need to be off campus for hospital and outreach visits, and supporting children and youth events
For more information please email: email@example.com
Main Street Baptist Church, Emporia Virginia
Position:Youth Minister (PT)
Main Street Baptist Church is currently searching for a part-time (20 hours weekly) Youth Minister to lead a growing youth ministry (ages 12-18). This position provides leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting, and implementing a ministry that guides youth in their spiritual growth and encourages their fellowship within the church. We are praying for an individual who is called to ministry, affiliated with CBF and BGAV, and currently studying at an accredited University or Seminary. Compensation for this position is $20,000 to $25,000 annual.
Please provide your letter of interest and resume to Rustin Jessee and Betsy Short, firstname.lastname@example.org , Main Street Baptist Church, 440 South Main Street, Emporia, VA 23847.
Westwood Baptist Church in Springfield, VA
Position:Minister to Children and Families (FT)
An exciting opportunity to build a community-focused Children’s Ministry! Westwood has recently developed a new Calling Statement that focuses our church’s attention to “connect with and serve our community and its families.” As part of that focus, we are looking to expand our current weekday program for preschoolers as well as begin a Before and/or After School program for children. The Minister of Children and Families will serve as the primary pastoral presence for Westwood families as well as develop and direct our new community initiatives. The successful candidate will need strong organization and delegation skills, the ability to dream big dreams and put plans into action, and a heart for the faith development of preschoolers and children. Westwood is located in Fairfax County, Virginia with a population of over 1 million people. There are 4 elementary schools in the immediate vicinity of the church. Westwood is committed to connecting with and serving the families in our area and invites you to pray about joining us on the journey. Here is how to apply.
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA