Ministry Opportunities & Resources
- Ministry Postings Submitted to CBFVA: Submit an open ministry posting to CBFVA. Please note that it may take up to a week for the listing to show up on the website.
- Leader Connect – CBF: Resume-matching service developed by the Leadership Development team of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Click here to learn more!
- Reference and Referral in Virginia: For ministers and/or churches seeking assistance in Virginia with reference and referral, please contact our office, email@example.com.
- Seeking an Intentional Interim? You can contact the Center for Congregational Health: http://www.healthychurch.org. More information about Intentional Interim Ministry can be found at the Virginia Network of Interim Ministers, www.vnim.org.
- Need Search Committee Resources? Visit CBF National’s website for more information.
Gayton Baptist Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Youth and Young Adult Pastor (FT)
Seeking a creative and skilled person with a calling to engage and invest in youth and emerging adults (grade 6 to age 25) in the local church and
Kingdom of God. We are a 30 year old congregation in the heart of a
dynamic, growing suburban community, affiliated with the Baptist General
Association of Virginia and affirming the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message. Our ideal candidate will have an undergraduate or graduate degree, a background in youth ministry or education, and a passion for helping young people discover who they are created and called to be as they transition
through and into new seasons of life.
Email resume with cover letter to sYouthPastorSearch@gayton.church .
Posting Deadline: July 25, 2021
Churchland Baptist Church, Chesapeake VA
Position: interim Minister of Music (PT)
Churchland Baptist is seeking an interim Minister of Music who can help us build on our rich tradition of choir and organ music and expand our repertoire to include musical selections that will connect across generations. This is a part time position, 10-15 hours per week. We are looking for someone who will both assist in worship planning and serve as a resource for music.
Email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Deadline: August 31, 2021
Abingdon Baptist Church, Abingdon VA
Position: Minister of Music & Worship and Student Minister (FT)
Qualifications / Experience:
• Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with appropriate experience
• Applicable past experience leading church music and worship
• Applicable past experience leading student ministry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to schedule, organize, coordinate, and complete multiple individual and group projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to build appropriate personal relationships with both individuals and groups
• Ability to manage conflict
• Proficiency with worship software (e.g., EasyWorship), multimedia (e.g., OBS, Vimeo, ZOOM), social media (FaceBook, YouTube), church databases (e.g., ACS/Realm), and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Posting Deadline: August 31, 2021
Lake Shore Baptist Church of Waco, Texas
Position: Pastor (FT)
Seeks a full-time Pastor with the spiritual depth, skills, and experience needed to inspire, lead, and unify our congregation during a time of transition. Lake Shore is a welcoming and affirming community of Christians affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the Alliance of Baptists.
Our pastor will share the inclusive values of Lake Shore Baptist Church; will be a gifted preacher who draws on theological scholarship and personal insight; will have strong leadership skills and several years of relevant experience; will have a welcoming personality and commitment to pastoral care; and will exhibit a high level of emotional maturity and understanding of group dynamics. A Master of Divinity or higher degree from an accredited theological seminary is required.
Email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posting Deadline: September 15, 2021
First Baptist Church of Gatlinburg, TN
Position: Senior Pastor (FT)
Senior Pastor of one of Gatlinburg’s oldest and most established churches. Great physical plant, new multi million dollar youth and activities building. Magnificent sanctuary. Warm and supportive congregation with a heart for missions. Outstanding visitor and guest ministry. Previous pastor retired after 21 years. Affiliated with both the SBC and the CBF. Send resume and references confidentially to email address referenced.
For more information go to email@example.com
Westwood Baptist Church in Springfield, VA
Position:Minister to Children and Families (FT)
An exciting opportunity to build a community-focused Children’s Ministry! Westwood has recently developed a new Calling Statement that focuses our church’s attention to “connect with and serve our community and its families.” As part of that focus, we are looking to expand our current weekday program for preschoolers as well as begin a Before and/or After School program for children. The Minister of Children and Families will serve as the primary pastoral presence for Westwood families as well as develop and direct our new community initiatives. The successful candidate will need strong organization and delegation skills, the ability to dream big dreams and put plans into action, and a heart for the faith development of preschoolers and children. Westwood is located in Fairfax County, Virginia with a population of over 1 million people. There are 4 elementary schools in the immediate vicinity of the church. Westwood is committed to connecting with and serving the families in our area and invites you to pray about joining us on the journey. Here is how to apply.
Reference & Referral
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Virginia is prepared to assist congregations searching for ministerial staff and clergy desiring placement.
Churches Seeking Staff
Churches need strong recommendations for staff openings. CBFVA partners with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship’s LeaderConnect (http://www.cbf.net/leaderconnect/) to help place vocational ministers (senior pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, and other staff ministers) in Virginia churches. Search committees are encouraged to contact CBF to communicate staff needs and to solicit resumes of potential candidates.
CBFVA can assist in the ministerial staff search. Contact Terry Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.213.0412 to communicate clergy leadership needs in your congregation.
Clergy Seeking Placement
Knowing when to move requires prayer and reflection, and finding another people to serve is spiritual work. CBFVA provides competent reference and referral by keeping clergy resumes on file. Contact Terry Maples at email@example.com or 804.213.0412 for assistance with placement.
NOTE: CBFVA is not linked to CBF’s LeaderConnect system. If you utilize CBF’s reference and referral system, your information is not automatically sent to the CBFVA office. If you desire placement in Virginia, please send your resume and a cover letter directly to CBFVA